The creation of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment brought together what were four disparate Government agencies, each with their own Network, EDRMS System, Finance System, Payroll System etc. The goal of the MBIE Foundation project was to align and migrate disparate systems into one, presenting staff a common single desktop.
What we did
- Provided all the change management services, this included being integral members of the project team, holding all the workshops and presenting all of the communications required.
- Developed the roadmap of change, based on the deployment order, we aligned this to the communications plan, getting the right comms to the right people at the right time.
- allfields designed the training package.
- Developed all the training material – print and e-learning.
- Delivered training to all staff.
- Provided go live support, on the ground floor walking.
In approximately 18 months – allfields migrated 3,000 staff to the common MBIE Foundation Network across 20 locations in New Zealand and 400 staff in 18 overseas locations.
- Being heavily involved in the project from an early stage provided a great working relationship between allfields and other key suppliers resulting in robust logistics planning, especially when you had equipment and staff required at multiple locations!
- We trained all staff on the new common desktop and EDRMS solution – making it easy for staff to now share information as they come together as one Ministry.
- Training and desktop migrations being performed at multiple locations at the same time – both national and international sites – all while ensuring the public facing offices did not have any down time.